- ANDREW is ranked as the 58th most popular given name in the United States with an estimated population of 880,280.
- This name is in the 99th percentile, this means that nearly 0% of all the first names are more popular.
- There are 276.07 people named ANDREW for every 100,000 Americans.
- This name is most often used as a first name, 99% of the time.
What famous people have the name Andrew?
Famous People Named Andrew
- Saint Andrew the Apostle
- Andrew IIII, Kings of Hungary
- Andrew Jackson7th U.S.
- Andrew Johnson17th U.S.
- Andrew Albert Christian EdwardPrince of the United Kingdom, Duke of York
- Andrew CarnegieScottish,American industrialist and philanthropist
- Andrew William MellonAmerican banker, industrialist and ambassador
Is Andrew a good name? Personal experiences with the name Andrew: | Edit. My brothers name is Andrew. He is strong, and liked by many. He is also quick to react when he sees someone in trouble. Andrew is a great, strong, classic name, and Andy is a good playful name.
Is Andrew a German name? Andrew is derived from the Greek name Andreas, meaning “manlike” or “brave”. Andie is also occasionally used as a diminutive for the female given name Andrea in the English, German, Scandinavian and Spanish feminine version of the name Andrew (although Andrea is a masculine name in Italian).
What does the name Andrew mean in the Bible? In English the meaning of the name Andrew is: Manly; brave. In the bible the first of the twelve apostles chosen. Andrew is patron saint of Scotland and Russia.